We invite you to dig deeper into GRAN issues through these upcoming webinars and online events.
- Adaptation: Building Resilience in the Global Climate Emergency annual policy conference for The Group of 78 -- September 23 - October 5. The most devastating impacts of climate change, in terms of lives lost and property damage, will be inflicted on developing countries. Since developing countries are low emitters of greenhouse gases, they are the least responsible for climate change, yet bear its worst consequences. There is thus a moral obligation on the rich countries to support their adaptation efforts. In addition to a focus on Canada, the conference will explore a range of impacts of extreme weather on these developing countries as well as actions and resources required to build their resilience. Conference details and registration options are available by clicking here. Full program here. Note: Of particular interest to GRANs may be the keynote session on Thursday, September 30 at 10:00 a.m. ET: Adaptation, Food Security and the Challenge of Financing Adaptation in Africa.
- Innovation for Neglected Tropical Diseases in the Next Decade: The Critical role of African Leadership -- Wednesday, September 29, 8:00 a.m. ET The Drugs for Neglected Diseases Initiative (DNDi) is an international non-profit organization that discovers, develops, and delivers safe, effective, and affordable treatments for the most neglected patients around the world. DNDi uses the power of innovation, open science, partnerships, and advocacy to find solutions to the lack of medicines for life-threatening diseases that disproportionately impact poor and marginalized people. The DNDi Africa Regional office is hosting this virtual discussion to unpack the role of African leadership in innovation for neglected tropical diseases (NTDs). Click here for webinar registration and more info.
Links to recordings of past events:
- Saving the Okavango Delta Panel Discussion with activists Ina-Maria Shikongo and Rob Parker and MP Elizabeth May (May 28, 2021) Video link here.
- GRAN Food Sovereignty Presentation with Dr. Elizabeth Vibert (April 28, 2021) Video link here.
- GRAN Climate Justice Presentation with Dr. Louise Comeau (January 27, 2021) Video link here.
We will do our best to keep this page updated, so we encourage you to check back often!