We invite you to dig deeper into GRAN issues through these upcoming webinars and online events.
- GRAN Learning Event with HelpAge Canada -- Wednesday, May 25, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET -- HelpAge Canada Executive Director Gregor Sneddon will share with us his recent experiences visiting projects in Ethiopia where HelpAge is providing nutrition, protection and access to over 50,000 older people and people with disabilities. He will also speak about projects in Kenya where HelpAge is providing new homes to older people and assisting with the school costs of grandchildren in their care. Gregor will bring the voices of the African grandmothers to us so we can better understand their hopes and challenges. Click here to register.
- Contemporary African Voices -- Thursday, May 26, 1:00 p.m. ET -- Listen to award-winning Zimbabwean author, filmaker, and academic,Siphiwe Gloria Ndlovu, in conversation with journalist Garvia Bailey. This online event is presented by Stephen Lewis Foundation Grandmothers Groups in Vancouver. Click here for more info and registration link.
Links to recordings of past gRAN Learning events:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Apartheid: Its Roots and Consequences with Dr. Madhukar Pai (April 20, 2022). Video link here.
- Growing Her Future: Climate Financing and Global Food Security with the Canadian Foodgrains Bank (October 26, 2021). Video link here.
- Saving the Okavango Delta Panel Discussion with activists Ina-Maria Shikongo and Rob Parker and MP Elizabeth May (May 28, 2021) Video link here.
- GRAN Food Sovereignty Presentation with Dr. Elizabeth Vibert (April 28, 2021) Video link here.
- GRAN Climate Justice Presentation with Dr. Louise Comeau (January 27, 2021) Video link here.
We will do our best to keep this page updated, so we encourage you to check back often!