We invite you to dig deeper into GRAN issues through these upcoming webinars and online events.
- Wednesday, June 16, 8:00 a.m. ET [1:00 p.m. BST] 1.5°C – Why Delay is as Dangerous as Denial -- Panel discussion on the intrinsic link between global warming and nature, sponsored by WWF - UK. For list of speakers and registration link, click here.
- Wednesday, June 16, 2:00 p.m. ET Global Vaccine Inequity -- A Tale of Two Pandemics online event sponsored by The Group of 78 with guest speaker Dr. Peter Singer, Assistant Director General of the World Health Organization. Click here for details and the registration link.
- Wednesday, June 23, 9:00 a.m. ET [1:00 p.m. UTC] Back to Health: Making up for Lost Time international online event hosted by Project Syndicate. Leading experts on global health and development will examine the immediate legacy of the pandemic and explore solutions for bringing all communities and societies back to health. Speakers include Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director of UNAIDS and Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization. For a complete list of speakers, agenda and registration link, click here.
- Wednesday, June 23, 9:00 a.m. ET Food Systems at Risk: Transformative Adaptation for Long-Term Food Security webinar hosted by World Resources Institute. Join an interactive discussion to find out the steps governments, funders and researchers can take now to ensure long-term food security for a global population that will reach 9.7 billion by 2050. For speakers and registration link, click here.
- Tuesday, July 6, 8:00 a.m. ET [1:00 p.m. BST] The UK organization Gender Action for Peace and Security (GAPS) is hosting a panel event on Climate justice & conflict: Gender, peace & environmental rights. The event will explore the links between women’s rights and environmental peace, with speakers from local women’s rights organisations from the Global South, academics and government representatives from the Global North. Click here for details and a registration link.
Links to recordings of past events:
- Saving the Okavango Delta Panel Discussion with activists Ina-Maria Shikongo and Rob Parker and MP Elizabeth May (May 28, 2021) Video link here.
- GRAN Food Sovereignty Presentation with Dr. Elizabeth Vibert (April 28, 2021) Video link here.
- GRAN Climate Justice Presentation with Dr. Louise Comeau (January 27, 2021) Video link here.
We will do our best to keep this page updated, so we encourage you to check back often!